CpH… as in Copenhagen! - is the hottest destination at the moment bypassing Berlin and Barcelona. “Copenhagen is no bigger than six arrondissements of Paris”, according to Linda Agata Senya and Alexa Brossard, the duo of ultra glamour entrepreneurs that just launched LiveArtSocial, a social network dedicated to the world of art and design, incubated directly from Copenhagen. An occasion for this divine Frenchy and her Danish business partner to share the best spots to spend a dream week-end in the city of ‘hygge’ by excellence: brunches, exhibitions, small restaurants, buzzing bars, wild concept stores and a must-live sauna experience.
Your Perfect brunch
Café Parterre for the ultimate coffee-shop experience by the canal of charming Christianshavn before visiting the famous free town of Christiania, CC the new center of contemporary art in Papirøen Island and crossing the brand new bridge for an outstanding view of the New Opera house and design window-shopping in Bredgade.
Concept-stores for a shopping session
- Storm is the Copenhagen version of 'colette'. In there you can pick up on the latest Scandinavian fashion trends.
- Normann Copenhagen is an authentical reflection of Danish lifestyle.
- Etage Projects: a very precise gallery working with interdisciplinary creatives mixing art, design and architecture. The place to get the perfect limited editions.
The gastronomic cool restaurant to be booked
Nabo, meaning "neighbour" and named after its close relation to its famous older sibling, Michelin starred restaurant Kadeau, which is located next door in very cosy premises. In a charming cobblestone street of Christianshavn, it is the perfect choice for supreme Danish cuisine with fair price.
All the infos on www.kadeau.dk.
A Danish spa experience
Danes equivalent of a spa is a jump in the cold sea. You can experience sauna cabins and an icy dip directly in the water of Copenhagen in the lovely Havnebadet of Islands Brygge.
Trendy bars to spend the night
The best smorrebrod in CpH
At the covered market Torvehallerne.
A must-see Exhibition, Museum, Gallery
- For a spectacular collection and view on the sea, you need to do a 40 min trip to the town of Louisiana where the Louisiana museum is an absolute must go to. The current show of Louise Bourgeois is a not to be missed.
- In Copenhagen, the SMK Museum has a beautiful collection from classic to contemporary art and always features a great exhibition program.
- For the emerging Danish and international artists experience, the contemporary art gallery Last Resort is a hidden gem in a backyard of central Borgergade.
The best hotels to settle down
- Hotel Kong Arthur: facing the Lakes with a beautiful grand yard, in the center but still a bridge away from cool Norrebro is a boutique hotel in the grand manner with spacious and recently redecorated rooms and common areas.
- Hotel SP34 for a more retro cool and design experience: in the Latin quarter, the vintage Mecqua of CpH.
Paris-Copenhagen, from 50€ with Air France.
All the infos on www.visitdenmark.fr.
Also discover the 5 best tables in London.