Yummy : a chic deep fry. “It reminds me of my childhood”... An addictive recipe excerpted from Les desserts de Jean-François Piège pour tous, published by Hachette Cuisine.
1. Pour the milk in a pan, with the butter, the salt, sugar and vanilla pod slit and scraped. Heat on an average flame.
2. When the butter is melted and the liquid boiling, pour the sifted flour, then dry over the flame as for puff pastry.
3. Pour the mixture in a robot vat and work on it with a leaf. When all the steam has dissipated, incorporate the eggs one by one until you obtain a shiny dough.
4. Shape the churros with the help of a pouch with a fluted tip. Cook in a frying pot after having preheated the oil to 180 °C.
5. Prepare the chocolate sauce: pour the milk in a pan, bring to a boil, then add the glucose. Pour the boiling milk on the chocolate cut into pieces and the Nutella®. Mix well until you get a smooth sauce. Serve with the warm churros.
Recipe excerpted from Les desserts de Jean-François Piège pour tous, published by Hachette Cuisine. Photographs: Nicolas Lobbestaël. Styling : Mathilda Motte.
Also discover the candy guimauves of Jean-François Piège and the churros with hot chocolate.