Comfy at will wrapped around puff pastry and voluptuous mushrooms, this beef tenderloin with a lighter “Wellington” spirit, can be enjoyed with a cold Christmas beer!
For 6 persons
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time : 50 minutes
- In a cast iron casserole dish, brown the beef tenderloin in 1 drizzle of olive oil and 15 g of butter on all sides. Let cool. Salt and pepper.
- Clean the mushrooms . Rinse them with water. Leave to drain.
- Peel and finely chop the shallot . Chop the parsley .
- Melt the minced shallot in a pan with the remaining butter. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they have given up all their water. Add the crème fraîche , part of the parsley and the crushed hazelnuts . Season to taste and mix. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 240 ° C (th.8).
- Spread the puff pastry on the work surface.
- Spread out 1/3 of the creamed death trumpets in the center. Place the beef tenderloin on top. Place the rest of the mushroom stuffing on the meat.
- Dilute the egg yolk with the milk . Using a brush, brush the sides of the puff pastry. Fold it down to completely wrap the beef tenderloin. Weld the edges with the egg yolk.
- Turn the beef tenderloin so that the fold is underneath and place it on a baking sheet.
- Cut patterns in the dough scraps and glue them with the gilding. Brown the surface of the crusted beef tenderloin and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Lower the oven to 190 ° C (th.6-7) and continue cooking for 30 to 35 minutes depending on the desired doneness (about 15 minutes / lb).
- Leave in the oven off and open for 10 minutes.
Also discover the recipe for veal tab in a sage and hazelnut crust .