Covered with orange caramel and flambéed with Grand Marnier ®, here is the perfect recipe for enjoying crêpes suzette .
For 4 people (12 pancakes)
Preparation time: 10 minutes + 1 hour rest
Cooking time: 25 min
- Prepare the pancake batter: sift the flour into a bowl. Break the eggs in the center then add the sugar and salt . Add the milk little by little while stirring. Add the melted butter . Whisk until the dough is smooth and free of lumps. Cover the salad bowl with a tea towel and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature.
- Lightly butter a pan and, when it is hot, pour in a ladle of batter.
- Bake the pancake for about 2 minutes, turning it over. Make about 12 pancakes.
- Just before serving: in a small saucepan, grate the orange zest . Add the butter. When it begins to color (brown butter), pour the sugar in rain. Add the orange juice . Stir.
- Bring the Grand Marnier® to a boil and pour it over the pancakes. Flame. Let the flame go out. Place the pancakes on 4 plates and sprinkle them with syrup . Serve immediately.
Tips: If the dough is lumpy, strain it through a colander. For successful flambéing, pancakes and alcohol must be hot.
Extract from the book Sweet Classics by Eva Harlé , photographer Aline Princet, stylist Noémie Strouk, at Hachette Cuisine, € 9.95
Also discover the speculoos and white chocolate pancakes