Juan Arbelaez , the Colombian chef who runs, among others, the Yaya restaurants in Saint-Ouen and Frou Frou in Paris, continues to impress with his recipes, each more sparkling than the last. Perfect for the season, we give you the secrets of its veal blanquette with coconut milk . Too good !
For 4 people.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 1h30
Rest time : 30 minutes
- Arrange the pieces of blanquette in a saucepan, wet up and bring to the boil. Skim.
- Add the garlic , onion , ginger , shallots , salt and pepper then cook for 1 hour over low heat until the pieces are well candied.
- Remove the veal , then mix the rest in a blender until you obtain a very smooth sauce, pass it through a Chinese cheesecloth over a saucepan. Add the coconut milk to the saucepan and reduce by half over medium heat. Let cool.
- Make a roux in another saucepan. Melt the butter .
- Once it is foamy, add the flour , whisk vigorously for 1 or 2 minutes on the fire then gradually pour in the blanquette sauce.
- Add the pieces of meat and leave to rest for about 30 minutes so that the veal is filled with the sauce .
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water for 15 minutes. Drain it.
- Arrange the rice all around the plate and in the center the veal blanquette and the sauce. Add the egg yolk , white pepper , fleur de sel and finish with the scallions . Enjoy with the family!
Extract from the book Cuisinez Share by Juan Arbelaez, Marabout editions, 25 €.
Also discover the autumn recipe for roast veal with Jerusalem artichoke .