The big boss of Breizh Café Bertrand Larcher teaches us how to make pancakes like a real Breton . His recipe is a must: black pudding , sautéed potatoes and compote … A bistronomic treat.
For 4 pancakes
Preparation : 20 minutes
Cooking : 30 minutes
- For the pancake dough. Combine the flour and coarse salt in a large bowl. Pour a third of water . Mix by hand to obtain a smooth paste. Tap the dough with the fingers apart, making circular movements upwards, in order to aerate it well. Pour another third of the water on the dough and let stand at least 24 hours in the refrigerator. Take out the dough 30 minutes before using it. Pour the rest of the water into the dough and stir: it should not be too runny.
- Prepare the applesauce : peel the apples , then cut them into quarters and remove the apple core. In a saucepan, pour the water, add the apple quarters and simmer over low heat. Stir from time to time and let stew until the apples melt (but do not mix them).
- Prepare the sautéed apples: peel and remove the core of the apples, then cut them into quarters. Fry them in a pan in the butter : the center should remain firm and the outside should be golden.
- Using two large spoons, make 3 quenelles of black pudding then sauté them in a pan.
- Heat the crepe maker to 250 ° C (or the pan). Pour and spread 12.5 cl of dough evenly. Using a brush, brush the pancake with melted butter. Add 100 g of applesauce and cook. The edges will start to lift. Then use the spatula to fold the cake into a rectangle. Using a brush, brush the pancake with melted butter. Turn the patty over.
- Use the spatula to place the galette on a plate. Arrange 2 quenelles of black pudding and 3 sautéed apple quarters.
- Repeat the operation for the 3 other patties.
Extract from the book Atelier de la crêpe , Bertrand Larcher, Hachette, € 14.95
Also discover the recipe for chestnut and coppa soup .