It was Sissi's favorite pie. Coming straight from Austria , the jam tart covered with an incredible braided dough. Yum yum!
For 6 persons.
The sweet dough :
- Mix the softened butter with the icing sugar and the previously sifted cocoa powder.
- Add the almond powder , mix then finish by adding the fleur de sel and the flour .
- Rub on the work surface with the palm of your hand until you obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Flatten slightly, film on contact and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum.
The assembly :
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator, lightly sprinkle the work surface with a little flour then roll the dough into a disc of about 28 cm.
- Roll the dough on the rolling pin then roll it out onto the pie ring placed on a baking sheet covered with baking paper.
- Place it in the circle, taking care to adhere the dough to the circle with your thumbs.
- Pour the three jars of jam over the pie .
- Roll out the rest of the dough then cut strips of dough 2 cm wide and long enough to crisscross the entire pie.
- Bake 25-30 min in an oven preheated to 170 ° C.
- Take out of the oven and let cool on a rack.
Also discover the original steamed cake recipe from Tookies Gambetta .