At the start of the year, we avoid the blues and we take the plane to the city of Angels. We play it star diet with this recipe directly imported from Los Angeles. Fresh products, a mix of flavors that thrills the taste buds and what's more, it's healthy!
For 4 people
Preparation time : 10 min
Cooking Time : 35 min
- Rinse the rice well until the water runs clear. Drain it then put it in a saucepan with 360 milliliters of water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 35 minutes, until the grains are tender and the water has been absorbed. Leave to rest for 5 minutes off the heat.
- Lay out a cabbage leaf on a board, and using a paring knife, remove the base from the center rib - this will make it easier for you to roll it up. Do the same with the other leaves. Blanch the cabbage leaves in boiling salted water for 10 seconds, until the central rib is tender, then transfer them to an ice bath. Drain and spread the leaves on absorbent paper. Dab to remove excess water.
- Pour the brine and 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a small bowl. Add ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper and mix with a whisk. Pour the sauce over the rice and mix.
- Place the avocado flesh in a bowl. Add the tahini, ½ teaspoon of salt and mash with a fork to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the last spoonful of oil if the tahini seems too thick.
- Lay out a cabbage leaf with the longer side facing you. Spread 1 teaspoonful of the avocado puree in the center of the leaf, leaving 5 centimeters free on the sides. Then add 1 teaspoon of each of the following ingredients: rice, beet pickles, chicken, basil, sprouted seeds. Season and roll the leaf into a sausage shape. Fold in the ends, then finish rolling. Repeat with the rest of the leaves.
Serve 2 wraps per person
Extract from the book The best recipes of the West Coast by Vivian Lui, Marabout, 25 €
Also discover the healthy snack recipe .