Hurray for do it yourself, especially when you can make a magnum ice cream with very good products!
• Put the cream, the milk and the salt in a pan on an average flame and bring to a slight boil.
• Lower the flame and allow to simmer for 5 min. Add half the chocolate and mix until melted.
• Set in a cool place until completely cold.
• Put the sticks in the molds.
• Pour the mix in the molds, until half the height. Add the chopped almonds.
• Place in deep freeze for 30 min to obtain a slightly firm consistence.
• Add the rest of the chocolate mixed with the rest of the almonds in each mold.
• Place for 1 h 30 in the deep freeze.
• Stock at –18 °C and savor quickly.
Photo taken from the work Glaces by glaces glazed by Henry Guitter in the CQFD collection published by Hachette Cuisine
Photography by Virginie Garnier
Styliste Coralie Ferreira