We are used to having it inside rich dishes for family Sunday lunches. The comfort-food’s champion now goes for the trend of gluten and lactose free food with this delicious recipe of quinoa spicy balls with veggies and tomato sauce with herbs. How to do it :
Preparation time: 45 min
Cooking time: 1h10 min
For 4 persons.
For the preparation of the quinoa balls:
1. Mince the leek and the onion.
2. Grate the carrots and chop the parsley.
3. Crush the mix of berries and coriander.
4. Pan fry the onion and the leek in 2 tablespoons of olive oil during 5 to 10 min.
5. When the onion and the leek become slightly colored, add the carrots. Mix and cover for 8 minutes.
6. When the cooking is done, add the mix of berries and coriander, the pressed garlic clove and the shredded sage leaves. Salt and pepper.
7. Whip the beaten egg.
8. In a big salad bowl, mis the quinoa with the veggies and slowly add the beaten egg. Then add three tablespoon of flour until the consistency thickens.
9. Shape the quinoa balls with your hands with and roll them in the remaining flour.
10. Preheat a little olive oil. Cook each quinoa ball 4 minutes on each side and place on absorbing paper. Repeat the operation until there is no more preparation. To be enjoyed with the herb tomato sauce.
© Jardin Bio