In the family of cult confectionery, I ask… Calissons d'Aix , this small southern confectionery with candied melon paste and almonds that no one can resist, especially if you come to pick it up in its legendary house Le Roy René .
On the occasion of the release of the book “ Calisson Nougat ” published by La Martinière , we let ourselves be tempted by a totally unusual almond milk recipe , a phyltre inspired by the Maghreb and the Near East, simmered with a blender made with Roy René calisson spread and a hint of orange blossom.
- Pour the almond milk into a blender, then add calisson cream and flower water.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, until the mixture is smooth and frothy.
- Pour into glasses, making sure to distribute the foam.
- Sprinkle with chopped black nougat.
- Serve immediately in a Baccarat longdrink glass.
© Marie-Pierre Morel