The ultimate Proust madeleine, Stéphanie Le Quellec loves creme caramel , the recipe for which she also gives in her cookbook published by Éditions du Chêne . One bite is enough to return immediately to the best of childhood.
For 6 to 8 people
Preparation : 20 minutes
Cooking : 1 hour 15 minutes
Refrigeration : 2 to 3 hours
- Make the caramel : in a saucepan, mix 200 grams of sugar and 100 milliliters of water, then cook over medium heat until obtaining a dark blond caramel. Pour this caramel into the bottom of a terrine or a cake tin and let cool.
- Prepare the cream : bring the milk to the boil with the vanilla pod split in half, then let it infuse off the heat for 15 minutes.
- Combine the eggs , yolks and the rest of the sugar, and whisk vigorously for 5 minutes until the mixture turns white.
- Pour the still lukewarm milk over this mixture, stir well then pass through the Chinese.
- Preheat the oven to 140 ° C.
- Pour the preparation into the terrine where the caramel is, place the terrine in a dish and pour water up to it for cooking in a bain-marie. Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Then store the cream in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours before eating. Turn out onto a dish and serve.
Extract from the book Cuisine , Stéphanie Le Quellec, Éditions Du Chêne, € 29.90
Also discover the recipe for the best pear tart in Paris .