It is the most stylish cake of autumn made by Café Pimpin , the coolest place in the 18th arrondissement. An orange blossom cake sublimated by dried rosebuds , too beautiful and too good!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Beat sugar and butter until light and creamy. Add the lemon zest and vanilla flavoring , then the eggs one by one and mix well after each egg.
- Stir in the ground almonds , ground pistachios , flour, baking powder and salt.
- Butter a rectangular mold and line with baking paper. Line the mold and bake for 40-50 minutes. To check doneness, insert a blade of a small knife in the center of the cake, the blade should come out clean. Take the cake out of the oven and let it cool before unmolding.
- For the icing , mix the icing sugar with the orange blossom and orange juice . Cover the cake with the mixture and sprinkle with shelled (and sliced) pistachios and rose buds .
Also discover where to find the best cakes in Paris .