Lazy to stand in line for hours to try Big Mamma's dishes ? No worries, the restaurants deliver the cult recipe for their lasagna . And yum!
For 4 people.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Cooking time: 3 hours
- Prepare the bolognese : in a large pan, sear the meats in 2 tablespoons of olive oil for 10 minutes over high heat. Reserve.
- In a saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the celery and carrot and continue cooking for 8 minutes. Add the meat and mix well. Deglaze with the red wine and cook for 5 minutes over high heat, until the liquid has completely evaporated. Add the tomato sauce , salt and pepper.
- Add the sprigs of rosemary and sage leaves and simmer for about 2 hours over low heat. Remove the sprigs of rosemary and sage leaves.
- Prepare the bechamel sauce : in a saucepan, melt the butter for 5 minutes over low heat, then add the flour. Mix well to obtain a roux. Add the milk and nutmeg , then continue cooking for 15 minutes over low heat, stirring constantly. Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 150 ° C (th. 5). Take the dough out of the fridge.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to a thickness of 1 mm and cut it into sheets the size of the baking dish.
- In a rectangular baking dish, place a layer of dough, add a layer of bolognese, a layer of béchamel and sprinkle with Parmesan. Repeat this step 5 times. Keep 8 tablespoons of béchamel for the dressing. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Arrange on individual plates by adding 2 tablespoons of bechamel sauce and 2 bay leaves on each portion.
Good to know :
For the pleasure of the eyes and the taste buds (and if you have some energy left), fry a few tarragon leaves and arrange them on top before serving. Yum !
Extract from the book La Cucina di Big Mamma , Phaidon, € 29.95.
Also discover the Big Mamma style tiramisu recipe .