Ideal for a lunch simmered by the family or a group of friends: a comforting lamb stew with vegetables .
For 4 people.
Preparation time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 2 h
- Peel the turnips and carrots , rinse and dry them. Cut the turnips into quarters and the carrots into sticks .
- Cut the spring onions into quarters.
- Peel and finely chop the garlic .
- Melt the butter in a casserole dish, add the turnips , carrots and onions , sprinkle with sugar and brown all over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the casserole and set them aside.
- Pour in the oil and brown the meat on all sides.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour , continue cooking over low heat for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Pour in the white wine , add the tomato paste and the bouquet garni , crumble the chicken stock cube .
- Mix then cover the casserole and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the green beans in boiling water for 7 minutes and the peas for 6 minutes.
- Drain them and run them under cold water.
- Rinse and dry the potatoes , cut them in half if they are too big.
- After 1 hour of cooking, add them to the contents of the casserole dish, then 15 minutes later, add the carrots , turnips and onions .
- Add the green beans and peas a few minutes before the end of cooking to warm them up. Salt, pepper if necessary, serve sprinkled with chopped parsley .
Also discover Grandma's roast chicken recipe .