Pear tart: the recipe that takes time, but at the same time, now, we have it! To do this weekend with the family.
For 6 persons
Preparation : 45 minutes
Rest : 30 hours
Cooking : 1 hour 35 minutes
- The day before, prepare the shortbread dough . Place the flour, salt, egg yolks, sugar and cold water in the bowl of a food processor , then swirl until the dough forms a ball. Add the butter cut into small pieces. Place the dough in a salad bowl, cover it with a tea towel and let stand for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- The next day, take the dough out of the refrigerator for 20 minutes before rolling out to a thickness of 1 cm. Line the pie dish, keeping a thick border, and let stand for 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C (th. 5-6). Cover the bottom of the dough with aluminum foil and place dry beans all over the surface. Cook for 15 minutes, remove the foil and beans, then continue cooking for 5 minutes. Let the pie shell cool.
- Prepare the poached pears . Peel the pears and remove the seeds using an apple corer. In a saucepan, heat the water and the sugar, then add the cinnamon stick , the orange and the whole lemon (make notches all around in the peel of the citrus fruits so that their aromas are diffused in the syrup ). When the syrup boils, add the pears to poach them and leave them for 30 minutes. Place a cloth on the saucepan to completely immerse the fruit and prevent them from rising to the surface: this will allow the flesh of the pears to stay white and cook evenly. Drain the pears, cut them in half and place them for 2 hours on absorbent paper to prevent them from losing too much juice during cooking.
- Prepare the almond cream. In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar, then add the almond powder, melted butter and pear brandy. Book.
- Preheat the oven to 160 ° C (th. 5-6). Place the pears on the tart base, rounded side up, and pour in the almond cream without completely covering the pears. Bake for 45 minutes, until the pie takes a nice color. Leave to rest for 1 hour out of the oven.
Also discover the recipe for Bon Marché chocolate mœlleux .