The detox collective, aka Detox Delight, has shared its recipe with us for a breakfast that cures all excess!!! Special healthful« eats » to rely on during the entire month of January.
1. Put the flakes on a low flame and toast them a few minutes, stirring until there is a nice smell of biscuit, add all the spices, mix quickly.
2. Add the salt, almond milk, vanilla and honey—increase the flame until the porridge simmers.
3. Once the preparation boils, lower the flame to a minimum and mix until you obtain the desired texture.
4. In your bowl, mash and pour your porridge on top.
5. Then, you can decorate according to your whim with a small dash of additional honey, a few goji berries, a few pieces of fresh fruit or a pinch of chia seeds.
With your porridge, pour yourself a nice cup of green tea in which you will have slipped a few pieces of fresh ginger and a big glass of coconut milk for optimal rehydratation, the perfect combo to begin the day on the right foot after a very short night!
Rich in magnesium and potassium, the banana is known for its anti-hangover effects, the naturally sweetened honey will increase blood glucose that tends to be low on such mornings while the ginger is known to reduce the sensation of nausea and also soothes the stomach, with a definite "booster".
As for the flakes, they are a perfect ally thanks to their vitamin B, calcium, magnesium and iron, all molecules that the body needs in these moments. Any vegetal milk would do the trick, but almond is particularly recommended for its anti-migraine virtues—a much appreciated quality after a night on the town!
Also discover the porridge with strawberries and the anti-hangover potion by Wild and the Moon.