For 4 persons / 45 min of preparation / 35 to 40 min cooking time/ 3 h of cooling down
Could there be a more desirable cake to enhance seasonal strawberries? Get out your whisks and start beating those ingredients!
1. Preheat the oven to 160 °C
(th. 5-6) Beat the butter with an electric beater to make it smoother and more airy, then slowly pour the sugar while still beating. The mix must whiten. Add the yeast and the vanilla aroma. Reduce the speed of the beater then progressively pour the flour while alternating with the milk.
2. With the electric beater, whip the eggs until they turn into white peaks with the white salt. Set aside one third of the peaked whites and mix them with the butter base preparation in order to make the batter smoother and add in two to three times the rest of the whites. Mix delicately while lifting the batter.
3. Spread butter and flour in the mold and pour the cake batter. Bake 35 to 40 min. Test the cooking by planting a knife inside the cake, the blade must come out clean. Allow the cake to become tepid then unmold it and place it on a grid so that it can cool down.
4. Wash, remove the stems and cut all the strawberries in four Whip the fleurette cream into Chantilly with the beater.
When the cream has risen to three fourths, pour the glazed sugar and continue to beat while increasing the speed to obtain a firm Chantilly.
5. Cut the cake in two through the middle. Baste the two inside faces with Chantilly then cover with strawberries. Close up the cake then cover the entire surface with Chantilly. Leave in a cool place for 3 h.
6. Decorate the top of the cake with the rest of the strawberries and grilled almonds. To be savored as quickly as possible.