© Émilie Guelpa
Beautiful, tasty and “ natural ”, this magnificent, highly Instagrammable orange cake is signed by Jennifer Hart-Smith , a former French-Australian designer who has converted to natural pastry .
Known for her famous “ tookies ” (personalized cookies made from alternative flour), it is in her latest book Pâtisserie naturelle - The recipes of a naturopathic pastry shop that she reveals her original recipes for gourmets with a fragile stomach. !
Moroccan-inspired, this steamed cake enchants with its citrus flavors and rosemary scent . In addition, no mess, we use the whole orange ! Can we be tempted?
For 8 people.
Preparation : 30 minutes
Cooking : 1h10
Orange slices in syrup
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar , water and 2 sprigs of rosemary . Stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Place the orange slices in the syrup . Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the slices on a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease a round mold 18 centimeters in diameter, then line it with the orange slices and the last sprig of rosemary . Make sure the steamer is full of water and heat it up.
- In a bowl, work the eggs and sugar with an electric whisk for 4 minutes until the mixture forms a ribbon.
- Still with a whisk, add the ground almonds , flour , salt and baking powder . Pour in the oil , the orange juice and the grated zest .
- Pour the appliance into the mold over the orange slices in the syrup and place it in the steamer.
- Check the water level while cooking. Cook for 1 hour, or a little longer depending on your steamer.
- Turn out and decorate with a whipped cream and a few small rosemary leaves .
Pâtisserie Naturelle , Jennifer Hart-Smith, Éditions Marabout, € 19.90.
Also discover the recipe for pavlova with mirabelle plums and charlotte with blueberries .