It's in season. French gariguettes land on market stalls. Our gourmet recipe for a strawberry cake: in 10 minutes and 3 spoon strokes, it's folded. A blow to the oven... and it's the treat.
The list of ingredients: 150g flour + 150g sugar + 2 eggs + 50g melted butter + 400g gariguettes (about 2 trays).
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cover your mold (20cm in diameter) with parchment paper and cut the edges that protrude.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs and the sugar until you get a frothy and white mixture.
- Add the flour and butter and gently fold them into the mixture using a spatula .
- Wash, dry, stem and cut the Gariguette strawberries in half lengthwise and set aside.
- Pour the batter into the mold.
- On top of the dough, arrange the strawberries nicely rounded side down.
- Bake everything for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool before unmolding and serving it.