The essential for cold evenings: a comforting veal blanquette with seasonal vegetables . The plaid awaits you ...
For 4 people.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 2 hours 50 minutes
- Peel the onion , prick it with cloves . Rinse the green leek , arrange the thyme sprigs and bay leaf inside, tie everything up.
- Peel and rinse the carrots , cut them into sections.
- Place the meat in a casserole dish and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, skim if necessary. Drain the meat, discard the cooking water .
- Return the meat to the casserole dish with the onion studded with cloves, the carrots, the bouquet garni , the piece of celery .
- Pour in the white wine then add cold water up to it. Add salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, cover the casserole dish and simmer gently for 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Wash and dry the mushrooms , cut them into quarters, sweat them in a pan with the butter .
- Filter the cooking broth , keep the meat and carrots warm.
- Pour the broth into the casserole dish and reduce it to two-thirds over high heat.
- In a small bowl , whip the crème fraîche and the egg yolks , add 1 ladle of reduced stock, emulsify the whole well.
- Pour this sauce into the rest of the broth. Thicken everything for about 5 minutes over low heat, stirring until the sauce is smooth. Season with lemon juice , salt and pepper.
- Add the meat, carrots and mushrooms, heat the whole thing for a few minutes on very low heat.
- Serve with rice , steamed potatoes or pasta .
Also discover Eric Frechon's roast chicken recipe .