© The Cheeses of Switzerland
Chickpea steak, fresh spinach and ultra-melting Gruyere, it's the burger that's going to make the buzz this month.
For 4 burgers
Preparation : 20 minutes
Cooking : 15 minutes
- Mix the chickpeas and kidney beans very roughly . Reserve in a large salad bowl. Peel and then mix in a food processor the onion , pepper , carrot and garlic .
- In a skillet, brown the garlic and onion with a tablespoon of olive oil for 1 or 2 minutes over medium heat, then add the other vegetables . Leave to cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked. Once cooked, let the vegetables cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of beans and chick peas mixed: add herbs and spices, cooked vegetables, salt and pepper, breadcrumbs, oat flakes and silken tofu and mix with your fingers. Take small balls of dough and form pancakes the size of your breads. In a hot pan, pour a little olive oil and place the steaks in the pan. Cook for several minutes on each side until the steak is crispy and golden brown.
- Heat your oven to the grill position and slide the burger buns onto an open plate in two parts, place a generous slice of Gruyère on the caps and leave to brown for a few minutes, watching the cooking. The breads must be golden and the Gruyere slightly melted.
- Once the buns are out of the oven, place the steaks on the burger buns and top with your favorite sauce. Add the spinach leaves and thin slices of red onion. Close your burgers with their hat and immediately enjoy accompanied by vegetable chips .
Also check out the slender girls pizza .