Game fashion is making a comeback. Starting with the wild boar stew , the comfy and delicious winter dish. The chic detail: we replace the carrots with porcini mushrooms.
For 4 people.
Preparation time : 25 min
Cooking time : 2 h
Rest time : from 24 h to 48 h
- Peel the onion and chop it. Peel, rinse and dry the carrots , cut them into thick slices.
- Squeeze the orange , take a large strip of zest using a vegetable peeler.
- In a large bowl, pour the wine and orange juice, add the zest, garlic , chopped onion , carrots , peppercorns , cloves , thyme and bay leaf . Add the boar cubes to the marinade , mix well to coat them.
- Cover the bowl tightly with cling film and marinate for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator.
- Drain the meat , onions , garlic and carrots well, in a colander, for 15 minutes, over a container to collect the marinade.
- Heat the oil in a casserole dish and brown the pieces of wild boar on all sides. Remove them from the casserole dish and replace them with the rest of the drained ingredients (except the thyme and bay leaf).
- Sweat over low heat for a few minutes until the onions become translucent. Pour the marinade, 30 cl of hot water (all the ingredients must be submerged), crumble the broth tablet , add the thyme and bay leaf, salt lightly.
- Dissolve the starch with a little cold water then incorporate it. Simmer gently for 2 hours, until the meat is tender.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve hot with a good mashed potatoes or creamy polenta.
Little advice :
In season, replace the carrots with 400 g of fresh porcini mushrooms , cleaned and sliced into thick strips. Keep 2 carrots in the marinade and during cooking. Fry the porcini mushrooms in 2 tablespoons of hot olive oil until they brown. Add them to the contents of the casserole dish at the end of cooking.
Also discover the recipe for veal blanquette .