This is the new technique everyone is talking about to re-organize their week: “ batch cooking ”.
What is it about ? We prepare our meals in advance, and presto, no more fuss about what to cook the next day. Sandra Mahut brings together a series of ultra-gourmet recipes in a single book : Free beginner batch cooking .
The one we love the most? The clafoutis vegetables, perfect for autumn and rainy days happen. Zucchini, butternuts, broccoli and cherry tomatoes: take all the seasonal vegetables and cook them in a very soft paste . Yum.
Sandra Mahut's clafoutis recipe
To do in advance
1. Peel the butternut squash and the courgette and cut them into small cubes.
2. Wash the broccoli, remove the florets and cut the trunk into small pieces.
3. Peel and chop the garlic and onion.
4. In a pan, heat a little olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 2 min.
5. Add the vegetables and cook, stirring constantly, 5 to 10 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Lower the heat, cover and continue cooking for 5 min. Reserve in a box in the refrigerator.
8. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half in advance , and set aside in a box as well.
To do on D-day
1. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and remove the vegetables from the refrigerator.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs and cream. Then add the milk , nutmeg , salt , pepper and grated cheese .
3. Divide the vegetables in an oiled baking dish, then pour the egg mixture over them.
4. Bake for 35 min.