Issue of Turkish cuisine, soup toyga yogurt and chickpeas is as good as it looks. The perfect recipe for cocooning evenings, Parisian style, so chic.
For 4 people.
- Rinse the pearl barley and put it in a large pot of salted boiling water.
- Bake according to package directions, until tender but still slightly crunchy.
- When there is only 10 to 15 minutes of cooking time for the pearl barley, put the yogurt , cornstarch , egg yolk and garlic paste in a bowl and mix with a whisk until that there are no more lumps.
- Add the water, stir, then pour everything into another large saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the pearl barley, then add it to the soup . Also stir in the chickpeas , thyme , spinach (if you wish), salt and pepper .
- Bring back to a boil, then cover and simmer for a few minutes. Book.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mint butter for the garnish.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add the dried mint . Remove the pan from the heat and add the lemon juice .
- When ready to serve, divide the soup into deep plates and drizzle with the lemon mint butter. You can also sprinkle the soup with baby pulp , if you wish.
Also discover the recipe for chestnut soup .