Everybody loves it : my family, my friends, I even bring some to dinner or work meetings.
Ingredients for six persons :
- 100g of chocolate dessert (Nestlé 64 % if you like intense tasty mousse)
- 100g of plantation chocolate (Valrhona Manjari 64%)
- 50g of 100% cocoa chocolate (I recommend the 100% Pralus bar from Madagascar)
- 25g of salty butter
- 6 eggs
- 20g (2 tablespoons) of white sugar
1/ Cut the chocolate in small pieces (dessert chocolate + plantation chocolate) and melt if with the salty butter, on a very low flame. Mix with a wooden spoon
2/ Stop the flame once the chocolate is melted, texture should be homogenous and shiny.
3/ Separate the 6 eggs: whites in a big bowl and yolks in a small bowl
4/ Add the sugar to the yolks. Mix well with a fork for a few minutes until the paste whitens a little
5/ Beat the eggs into firm snow peaks
6/ Pour the yolk in the chocolate (that has cooled down) and mix energetically
7/ Incorporate the whites little by little with a spatula, mix delicately, without breaking the whites
8/ Pour the preparation in a salad bowl
9/ Cover with transparent film (avoid holes to prevent air from entering) and put the mousse in the icebox
10/ Allow the black chocolate mousse to sit at least 4 hours
What I do as an option and that changes everything:
- Create shavings with the 100% cocoa chocolate (to have a slightly crispy texture and give more chocolate to the mousse) and incorporate them to the mousse before pouring the preparation in the salad bowl
- Decorate the chocolate mousse with cocoa nibs marbles, wrapped in chocolate (I buy them at Michel Cluizel)
Now, I wish all you chocolate lovers… a happy tasting!