You dream of a quick easy-as-pie recipe to bake fresh bread! This super simple recipe will surprise more than one … Because these small warm breads are a real delight. The yogurt gives them a very tender texture and you can also add extra aromas with fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, oregano, etc). The dough deliberately includes very little salt, because it is served with a spicy curry!
Preparation : 1 h 30 min. Cooking time: 5 min. For 8 naans.
1. In an average-sized bowl: Mix the water, sugar and baker’s yeast.
Set aside for 10 minutes, a foam will form.
2. In a large bowl: Mix the flour, salt, chemical years and baking soda.
3. When the foam has formed: Add the warm milk and the Greek yogurt.
4. Pour the liquid ingredients in the bowl of dry ingredients then mix with a wooden spoon or a spatula.
5. Finish mixing together the dough by hand. When you can form a bubble, place it in the bowl and cover with a dishcloth. Allow to sit for 1h or all night long, the dough will double in volume.
6. Divide the dough in 8 balls.
7. Using a rolling pin, lower the dough until it reaches 5mm of width.
8. Heat a pan on a high flame without any fat. Spread a little bit of butter on the two sides of the dough disk.
9. Place the dough disks in a warm pan. Cover for 1 minute until the bubbles are shaped.
Turn over the naans and cook for 1-2 minutes more.
Also discover Chicken with coconut milk and green curry.