We no longer present the hero of bread and cream pie Benoit Castel . The former pastry chef of the Grande Épicerie gives us his recipe for the Galette des Rois , super easy to reproduce… His secret? A reverse technique. Follow the instructions, you will have a blast.
- Arrange the first puff and mark to clearly delimit the browning and trim so that the almond cream does not overflow during cooking.
- In a food processor, incorporate the softened butter then mix for a few seconds. Then add the icing sugar and mix again. Add the ground almonds and mix then the eggs one by one and mix again. Finally add the dark rum and mix.
- Incorporate the almond cream in a pastry bag to poach the pancake . Be careful not to put too much almond cream on the edges so that it does not overflow during cooking. Don't forget to add the bean !
- Close with the second puff pastry. To work the pasta better, make sure it is very cold. Let the closed pancake rest for 5 minutes in the fridge.
- Turn the galette over before scratching it, then brown it twice with an egg yolk. Remember to make small holes to let the steam escape during cooking.
- Let stand at room temperature overnight so that the patty retains its round shape.
- Then bake at 170 ° C for 1 hour in a ventilated oven.
Also discover Léa Doyen's unusual recipe .