In the traditional recipe, chicken is marinated in spicy yogurt before it is cooked in a tandoor , an earthenware oven. Here, we cook the chicken in the oven, Parisian style! And thanks to the marinade, the tandoori chicken turns out really tender and tasty.
For 4 people
Preparation : 5 minutes
Marinade : 2 to 4 hours
Cooking : 30 minutes
- Put all the ingredients (except the chicken) in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Place the chicken in the marinade with yogurt, cover and refrigerate 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C (th. 6-7) or light the barbecue. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator. Thread the pieces of meat onto skewers . You can use metal or bamboo picks, but if you choose bamboo picks, soak them in water first to prevent them from burning.
- Place the skewers on the barbecue grill and grill them, 30 to 35 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through.
- If you choose to bake in the oven, thread the meat on the skewers as described above, place the skewers on a baking sheet, then bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until cooked through.
- Serve the kebabs with green salad and a little yogurt , if you like.
Tips: you can freeze the skewers after marinating them. Remember to thaw them before cooking them as indicated in the recipe.
Extract from the book Pinch of Nom , Hachette Pratique, € 19.95
Also discover the chicken butter recipe.