Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1h 30 minutes
Number of persons : 4
Setting it up :
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper inside and outside.
- Place inside the chicken two thyme branches two laurel leaves.
- Truss up the fowl with string.
- Crunch the garlic with the palm of the hand to separate the cloves but keep their outside shell.
- Peel, finely mince the onion and set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, then set aside.
- In an earth dish with high edges, place the minced onion, the garlic cloves and the two other branches of thyme and the two other laurel leaves, then the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the cooking dish.
- Pour the peanut oil on the chicken.
- Add a few dabs of butter on the chicken breast.
- Cover and bake for 1h30.
- During the last half-hour remove the lid so that the chicken can take on a nice roasted color.
- Once cooked, serve immediately with the earth dish in the middle of the table.
Tip from the Chef :
- For your chicken to take on a nice color during the last half hour of cooking, you can salt again the chicken to enhance coloration.