Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time: 1h 30 minutes
Number of persons : 4
Setting it up :
- Preheat the oven to 160°.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper inside and outside.
- Place inside the chicken two thyme branches two laurel leaves.
- Truss up the fowl with string.
- Crunch the garlic with the palm of the hand to separate the cloves but keep their outside shell.
- Peel, finely mince the onion and set aside.
- Peel and wash the potatoes, then set aside.
- In an earth dish with high edges, place the minced onion, the garlic cloves and the two other branches of thyme and the two other laurel leaves, then the potatoes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the cooking dish.
- Pour the peanut oil on the chicken.
- Add a few dabs of butter on the chicken breast.
- Cover and bake for 1h30.
- During the last half-hour remove the lid so that the chicken can take on a nice roasted color.
- Once cooked, serve immediately with the earth dish in the middle of the table.
Tip from the Chef :
- For your chicken to take on a nice color during the last half hour of cooking, you can salt again the chicken to enhance coloration.
Also discover the stewed rabbit with pumpkin and the roasted veal with pesto.