Don't be fooled by appearances… This autumn Burgundy , with carrots and mushrooms, is no longer vegan . The trick that changes everything? The jackfruit to replace meat.
A vegetable and foodporn recipe signed by Marie Laforêt , the vegan queen of Instagram. To consume without moderation !
For 4 people.
- Rinse and drain the jackfruit . Remove large seeds and very hard parts.
- Peel the shallots , separate the buds .
- Peel the garlic , remove the germ and pass the cloves through a garlic press.
- Peel the potatoes , rinse them and place them in a bowl filled with water.
- Peel the carrots and cut them at an angle or lengthwise according to your preference.
- In a medium-sized casserole dish with a lid (enameled cast iron or with a thick bottom), heat the oil over medium heat, place the shallots in it , add the smoked paprika , the mushrooms, cleaned and cut into medium-sized pieces.
- Add the jackfruit, potatoes, carrots and mix. When the mixture begins to color, add the garlic.
- Mix. Sprinkle the flour in the casserole dish and mix again.
- Mix the half-cube of broth with the soy sauce and hot water. Pour the resulting broth into the casserole dish and mix well.
- Pour in the wine , add the bouquet garni and reduce heat to low. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover. Cook for 1 to 2 hours, the vegetables should be tender but hold together, the jackfruit should be tender and tasty. Adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Monitor the cooking from time to time to check that it does not stick to the bottom of the casserole dish. Remove the bouquet garni , serve in soup plates, with a few sprigs of parsley .
The trick: this recipe must really simmer for a long time over low heat to develop all its flavors. It can be prepared the day before and be reheated on the day.
© Marie Laforêt
Incredible but vegan! , Marie Laforêt, Éditions Alternatives, € 24.90.
Also discover the recipe for the veggie butternut pie .