The Indian restaurant at home, we validate! Here are the instructions for reproducing at home the Murgh Makhani also known as chicken butter , an ultra comfort food recipe of super tender chicken with spices and yogurt … just so good!
© Adobe Stock
For 6 - 8 people
Preparation : 10 minutes and 1 hour of marinade
Cooking : 30 minutes
- Prepare the marinade : mix 1 pot of yogurt with the massalas (tandoori and garam), cinnamon , cloves , cumin , chilli and salt. Coat the chicken pieces and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to maximum, put the chicken pieces in a dish and bake for 10 minutes. Remove and let stand.
- In a casserole dish, melt the ghee , brown the onions , then add the garlic / ginger paste and fry for a few minutes. Add a spoonful of water from time to time to prevent it sticking and cook until the fat separates.
- Add the cashews , tomato puree, cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Add the second pot of yogurt , the whipped cream and the chicken pieces.
- Mix well, simmer for another 15 to 20 minutes. Arrange in a deep dish and sprinkle with chopped coriander leaves.
Extract from the book The traveling chicken , Mireille Sanchez, Éditions BPI, € 35.
Also discover the recipe for cheese naans and Indian dahl .