There will always be an old uncle to say that there is nothing better than “real” foie gras. Take the preconceived ideas and have him test, just to see ... It's good ... and funny. What to give a hard time and topics of discussion at the table.
- Cook the chickpeas over low heat for 20 minutes in cold water.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the chopped onion , a pinch of salt , brown for 3 minutes, stirring regularly with a wooden spoon - preparation time 3 minutes.
- Add the spices : cinnamon , pink pepper , turmeric and continue cooking for about thirty seconds, still stirring. Remove from heat and add the preparation to the bowl of a food processor. Add the coconut milk , salt , coconut oil , chickpeas and Paris mushrooms which have been drained beforehand and mix everything together - preparation time 5 minutes.
- Bring the white wine mixed with the agar-agar to a boil for at least thirty seconds, incorporate into the bowl of the food processor, mix everything until you obtain a thick and homogeneous cream . If necessary, mix in a blender to obtain as smooth a cream as possible. Transfer it to a terrine . Cool for about 15 minutes - preparation time 10 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil, add the turmeric. Cover the terrine with this preparation. Put in the fridge. Wait a few hours before tasting. To spread on grilled toast for example, especially with fig jam , a chutney … Preparation time 4 hours of chickpeas soaking + 8 minutes + 4 hours of refrigeration.
Also discover the recipe for veggie curry with coconut milk .