It is the food obsession of the first days of autumn : roast with chestnuts and Jerusalem artichoke . That's good, the famous chef Flora Mikula delivers her perfect recipe for a good comfy meal by the fireplace as we like!
Recipe for 6 to 8 people.
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- Place the roast veal in a dish with a little olive oil and spread a little butter on top of the meat. Arrange the garlic cloves with their skins around and season with salt. Add half a glass of water.
- Cook the roast veal with pink heart for 45 minutes at 180 ° C and water regularly.
- Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and cut them into large pieces . Remove the black end of the skulls , separate the chestnuts one by one and mince the sage leaves .
- Halfway through the roast veal , add the vegetables and chestnuts all around the meat as well as a few knobs of butter and the sliced sage leaves. Season with salt and continue basting until the end of cooking. The vegetables will cook in the juice of the roast veal.
- Remove the dish from the oven, cover with foil or a sheet of baking paper and let stand for 10 minutes.
- For the lingonberries : cook them slowly with the honey , 20 g of butter and the 2 star anise to obtain a compote.
- Cut the roast veal into slices and season with fleur de sel and freshly ground pepper . Serve the vegetables in a separate bowl and the cranberry compote in a sauce boat.
© Bravo the Veal / Flora Mikula
Also discover the recipe for lamb steak .