· Preparation: 15 min
· Cooking: 10 to 15 min
For 4 persons
· Peel 3 bananas and cut in round shape about 1 cm thick. Slit the vanilla pod in two and remove half the seeds.
· Melt half the butter in a pan, then add the bananas, the vanilla seeds and the cane sugar. Mix delicately to avoid breaking the banana pieces and allow to caramelize for a few minutes.
· Break the eggs in a recipient, then add the milk and vanilla sugar. Beat all together well, in order to obtain a smooth and homogenous preparation.
· Heat the remaining butter in a pan. Meanwhile, quickly dip the slices of brioche in the egg preparation, then golden with the melted butter for about 2-3 minutes on each side.
· Place a slice of brioche on each plate. Divide the rounded caramelized banana slices, the remaining fresh bananas and decorate with the fruit. Add a dash of maple syrup and taste immediately.
Recipe credit AIB-Delphine Constantini
More information on: www.banane.info