La Bibimerie , temple of K-Food in the 10th district, revisits the Bibimbap in a vegan version with Mandoo (the famous Korean veggie gyozas), chestnuts and sesame oil, guaranteed treat! The founder, Olivier, gave us the top secret recipe , are we going?
For 4 people.
Preparation : 40 minutes
Cooking : 5 minutes
- Clean all the vegetables . Peel and grate the carrots , peel the red onions and slice them.
- Coarsely chop the button mushrooms , find the yellow marinated daikon in an Asian grocery store, cut the sections in half to make half moons and slice them.
- Mix 1 part liquid cane sugar for 6 parts rice vinegar in a bowl, adjust to taste, then pour the mixture over the carrots . Reserve in the fridge.
- Caramelize the onions in the sugar coating. Once caramelized, take them out, let cool and keep in the fridge.
- Chop 8 chestnuts .
- To make the vegan Korean ravioli , finely chop the leftover vegetables from the previous preparations, brown them in a hot pan.
- Drain the water from the vegetables and set aside in the fridge. Drain the block of firm tofu well and mix it with the vegetables until you get a homogeneous consistency.
- Fill a farce Mandoo paste (available in Asian groceries) and close the half moon ravioli with your fingers dipped in a little water for not sticking to the dough. Repeat for 12 ravioli.
- Immerse them for 2 minutes in boiling water then drain them.
- For the vinaigrette , in a bowl, combine 1 part sesame oil , 2 parts salted soy sauce and 3 parts rice vinegar.
- Cook the rice in a pressure cooker or a pot of boiling water according to the time indicated on the package, drain and keep in a bowl covered with a tea towel to keep warm.
- Pour the rice into the bowl, arrange the vegetables in a color fan on the rice , put a tablespoon of bulgogi marinade in the center.
- Arrange the chestnuts and mandoos in the center, drizzle with vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds .
- Bibimbap literally meaning to mix (bibim) and cooked rice (bap), mix everything and enjoy. Tips: vary your vegetables according to the season.
You can change the stuffing of the mandoos as you wish or even add cooked chicken or beef !
Also discover the recipe for beef tataki with spices .