After a few days of going green after the holidays: it's not easy to stay on a detox register -compatible with lactose and gluten free mode… Unless it's delicious, comforting and sturdy like this incredible vegetable curry and black rice with sauce butternut, lemongrass and ultimately creamy coconut. But good.
For 4 people
- Cook the rice . Reserve.
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C.
- Cut the squash into cubes of about 2 cm. Reserve half for the sauce . Cut the Romanesco cabbage into bouquets. Cut the carrots and parsnips into slices. Spread all the cut vegetables out on a baking sheet. Pour in the olive oil, add the curry , a pinch of salt and pepper and coat everything well. Roast 25 min at 170 ° C.
- Brush the mushrooms and slice them into small wedges. In an ovenproof dish, arrange the rice, roasted vegetables and raw mushroom quarters. Reserve in the oven at 70 ° C.
- Prepare the sauce: peel and mince a quarter of the onion . Peel and crush the mashed garlic clove . Split the lemongrass stalk in half. Reserve. Place the curry and coriander seeds in the bottom of a saucepan; roast them for 1 to 2 min over medium heat until their aromas are released. Pour in olive oil and mix well. Add the chopped onion and sauté for about 5 min until it turns lightly colored. Add the squash pieces with a pinch of salt, lemongrass, garlic, and cover with cold water to the height. Bring to a simmer, cover, then cook for 20 to 25 minutes over low heat until the pieces of butternut are tender.
- After cooking, add the coconut milk . Mixer. Taste and adjust the seasoning with a little salt and pepper.
- Incorporate the sauce into the rice and vegetable mixture. Mix and heat 10 min at 70 ° C before serving.
- Out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro. It's ready !
Extract from the book The kitchen of the people who sow , Alternatives, 25 €
Also discover Alain Ducasse's vegan pavlova recipe .